Wednesday, February 11, 2009

catching up...

One day in January...had Bubba's 4 yr well baby visit. Bubba and Bunz were sitting in the back of the truck and had the following convo as we drove on Morris Ave:

Bubba: Kuya!!! Look!!! Its TOYS R US!!!
Bunz: I have no mah-ney =( in such a sad voice...
Bubba: Me too. I have no mah-ney. But Kuya, Ima has alota money! In the basement! We can get Ima's mah-ney.
*Ima is their maternal grandma*

That same day...The dr asks Bubba to run, walk, touch his toes. He does EVERYTHING but hop on one foot.
Dr: C'mon Branden, can you hop please?
Bubba: No. I don't want to =) *he was so shy*
Dr: C'mon Branden, like this * DR WAS HOPPING ON ONE FOOT*
Bubba: I don't want to hop. And he didn't lol...
Dr was a lil ticked that he was the only one hopping in the room lol

Dr sits Bubba on the bench.
Dr: OK I'm giving you 3 shots today. *starts to prep the shots*
Bunz: OUCH OUCH! *Grabbing his arms* Bwanden its hurts! Shots Hurt! oooouuch
Bubba becomes nervous. Dr notices Bubba getting antsy and gives him the shots...
Dr: I was good right Branden? I was fast
Bubba: NO! IT HURTS! MY ARMS HURT! YOU HURT ME!

I came home 2/4/09 Wed night from the hospital from seeing Ma. I was exhausted, confused and scared. We just found out Ma was going to need triple bypass. I get home and see the boys are still awake.
Bubba: Mom? Is that you?
Me: Hey Bubba what's up?
Bubba: Mom, can I talk to you for a minute?
Me: Uhm ok. Sure what would you like to talk about?
Bubba: rats his brother out lol

Thursday, 2/5/09, I get home late from the hospital. Branden and Addison start looking for their Ima noticing her absence.
Bunz: Mom, where's Ima?
Me: Ima is in the hospital. The dr is fixing her heart. It's broken.
Bubba: Ima's heart fall down and its broken?
Me: Yes Den. That's right.

Friday, 2/6/09 Come home from the hospital in the evening. Bubba and Bunz start asking about their Ima again...
Bubba: Mom? Is Ima home?
Me: No baby, she still in the hospital.
Bubba: She's in the HOPSPIPAL?
Me: No baby, the HOSPITAL.
Bubba: Yea Mom, the HOPSPIPAL/
Me: ;P
Bunz: NO! Ima's on the plane. *While I was away for Vegas for a week, he thought I was on the plane the entire time lol.*

Monday, 2/9/09 While we were praying for Ma...
Bubba locked Bunz out of the bedroom
Bunz: *Knocking on the door* BWANDEN. BWANDEN!!! Open the door please. Its ME! Addison! I wanna talk to you. =)

Tuesday, 2/10/09 Day of Mom's surgery
In the morning getting ready for school...
Cooks: Ok guys, the Dr is going to fix Ima's heart today.
Bubba: So we have to pray dad?
Cooks: That's right Bubba, we have to pray =)
That evening when they got home from school...
Bubba: Mom! They fixed Ima's heart already?
me: Yes baby. Its fixed now.
Bubba: YES!

1 comment:

ostacy said...

i <3 that i know all these stories already. but reading them all over again makes my heart smile.