Bunz:
We were reading his new set of site words...I had my flashcard with the word "it" in front of him. Convo went like this:
Me: Ok hunny, what does this say?
Bunz: TIT!!! PROUD BIG A$$ KOOL-AID SMILE on the 5 year old's face
(Me and Cookie look at each other across the dinning room table TRYING not to laugh)
Me: What did you say?
Bunz: TIT!!!
(Me and Cooks roar with laughter and he merrily joins us)
Me: Ok Bunz, what does this say?
Bunz: TIT!!!
Me: (Smiling yet affirming) No hunny, this says "it" i-t, it.
Bunz: TIT!!!
I was reading something as Bunz was doing homework. He finished writting little "k" and was trying to get my attention. He said Mama...MAMA!!! I answered, Yes? but was finishing a sentance...he went to say, Mama! YOOOHOOO!!! MAMA!!! YOOOHOO!!! LOOK!
Bubbah:
We attended a healing mass in St Francis in Metuchen and the archbishop of Metuchen said mass. It was about 9:00 PM when he started his homily and he admitted that he was tired and decided to say his homily while sitting down rather at the podeum. Bubbah started getting restless and loud and I had the following convo with him:
Me: (Whispering) Bubbah, Jesus' friend in taking. We should listen to what he wants to tell us. Its not nice to be noisey while he talks.
Bubbah turns around and looks at the podeum where the lector would normally be as well as the priest when he shares his homily.
Bubbah: (TALKING LIKE WE WERE ALONE IN CHURCH) Mama, there's no one at the microphone! Jesus friend not there! The archbishop paused and giggled and looked RIGHT AT US :X
Fr Paul came over one night for dinner. Branden happened to be looking out the window when Fr Paul pulled up to the house. Branden got all gitty and started to run away from the window. I said, what's wrong Bubbah? He said, "I see Jesus! Jesus is coming!" Next thing I know, Fr Paul is ringing the doorbell.
I went to mass alone with the boys one Sunday. After receiving communion, Bunz said he needed to go to the bathroom. The bathroom is in the sacristy. I took the two of them. Thankfully, there was a chair outside the bathroom that I had Bubbah sit in while I helped his brother got potty. Bunz and I come out and I see one of the priests walking away and Bubbah cracking up. I asked him what was so funny and with pride in his voice, he said, "I said hi to the Lord!"

No comments:
Post a Comment